Anesthesiologist Assistant is The Premier Employment-Solutions website for Anesthesia Professionals and Hiring Companies !

HomeMy ProfileSearch JobsPost Profile/CVPost JobsResources
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Medical Doctor Getting into AA Program

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jet li View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote jet li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Medical Doctor Getting into AA Program
    Posted: 16 Feb 2010 at 11:46am
Hi, 
I am a foreign medical graduate willing to apply for AA program. I am graduated from med. school 8 years ago. Since then I am working in various branches of medicine. But now I want to choose a career which is useful for me in the long run. I am interested in AA program. What are the chances for foreign graduates getting admission into the program? Can anyone please guide me at this stage?
Thank you. 
APL20 View Drop Down

Quote APL20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2010 at 12:57pm
I think your chances may be very good if you have covered all the admission requirements for the programs you are considering. I am currently an AA student and I know of at least one foreign md accepted into the program.

From what I have read, applicants with prior medical experience have an improved chance getting into these kinds of programs. Best of luck!

sam7890 View Drop Down

Quote sam7890 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 8:22pm
Jet Li, I am exactly in the same situation as you!  Well, not exactly since this was posted 2 years ago and you may be my senior.  The only difference between you and me was that I completed my foreign medical school 2 years ago and am currently a pharmacy technician.  I also wanted a stable career and that's why I have found anesthesiology assistance.  Let me know what you are upto nowadays

Sam
 Post Reply Post Reply