Anesthesiologist Assistant is The Premier Employment-Solutions website for Anesthesia Professionals and Hiring Companies !

HomeMy ProfileSearch JobsPost Profile/CVPost JobsResources
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

AA Admissions 2011

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
paperclips View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote paperclips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AA Admissions 2011
    Posted: 30 Sep 2010 at 11:35am

Anyone applying for this year?

Can you please post your stats and if/when you got an interview?

I say we have an organized discussion about who is applying this year, maybe we can learn about each other’s strengths and weakness  by our statistics and if we got an interview.

As for myself:

I applied in early august, 3.5/3.5 GPA/BCPM, BA Chemistry, and almost complete application (I am only missing my GRE score which I am taking it in early Nov.)

Here are my extracurricular experiences:

1 yr Hospice volunteer experience (addressing pain management with terminal patient, writing detailed notes, etc) .

1yr shadowing /conducting research with a plastic surgeon (published paper in ASAPS, may 08)

1 yr maxillofacial surgery shadowing (no paper published just watching, however this is how I got the idea for A.A since the physician had a CNA helping him and he spent a lot of time talking to me).

Involved in several other miscellaneous (i.e environmental) volunteer activity.

I also work in the health care field in research (always a plus, I hope =/)

Baja34990 View Drop Down

Quote Baja34990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2011 at 2:31pm
Hello!  I applied to the Nova AA program the end of December and interviewed Feb 7th, just waiting to get a response.  3.25 GPA & BS Biology.

-Joe
Baja34990 View Drop Down

Quote Baja34990 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 12:13pm

Accepted!  :)

Below is the link to the facebook page for Nova Fort Lauderdale Class of 2013

kim_oanh View Drop Down

Quote kim_oanh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2011 at 10:17pm
Hey Baja34990

I applied in mid-January and still haven't heard anything. Can you tell me what your credentials are, if you don't mind.

Thanks
micky View Drop Down

Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2011 at 7:57pm
hi,

I applied end of december, has interview 03/15; can anyone tell me what to expect (questions the committee may ask - the setting of the interview room - potential pointers for a successful interview...). I am so nervous but excited to start...

please reply...
micky
espiri4604 View Drop Down

Quote espiri4604 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2011 at 11:43am
I applied to Nova on March 1 or 2, 2011 and got interviewed yesterday March 21, 2011 and Badger called me this morning and reported to me that I had been admitted to the class starting June 2011. Awesome.

I am a physician assistant.

micky View Drop Down

Quote micky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2011 at 6:27pm
Congrats to you!

I haven't heard anything...getting veyr close to losing my mind at this point...
micky
TAT0616 View Drop Down

Quote TAT0616 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2011 at 11:18pm
HI GUYS!!! I'M PLANNING TO START COLLEGE THIS YEAR, FOR ANESTHESIOLOGIST ASSISTANT. I HAVE A COUPLE THINGS THAT HAD NOT BEEN VERY CLEAR TO ME. MY QUESTION IS, DO I NEED A BACHELOR DEGREE BEFORE I CAN BE ADMITTED TO NOVA UNIVERSITY.
TAT
Maria70 View Drop Down

Quote Maria70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2011 at 11:35pm
Yes
 Post Reply Post Reply