Anesthesiologist Assistant is The Premier Employment-Solutions website for Anesthesia Professionals and Hiring Companies !

HomeMy ProfileSearch JobsPost Profile/CVPost JobsResources
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Question for everyone who is an AA

Post Reply Post Reply
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
AAdegree View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote AAdegree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question for everyone who is an AA
    Posted: 05 Mar 2011 at 1:35pm
I've recently returned to college to take the pre reqs for the AA master's program.  I intend to follow through with this and become an AA, work for a few years as an AA and save up the money and then attend medical school.  I figure that one of the main reasons people don't become doctors is because of the extremely high costs we incur to do so.  But as an AA, I figure that the money will be good enough to complete medical school.  Has anyone here taken that same path?  Does ones experience as an AA help in any way toward medical school or are we essentially starting over?  Do the clinical hours we need to put in before graduating as an AA go toward residency hours at all etc etc?  Any info would be helpful.  Or are the two situations completely separate of each other (other than the experience itself?) 

Thank you... 
 Post Reply Post Reply