Anesthesiologist Assistant is The Premier Employment-Solutions website for Anesthesia Professionals and Hiring Companies !

HomeMy ProfileSearch JobsPost Profile/CVPost JobsResources
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

required to experiment on live animals?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
alpha10 View Drop Down

Online Status: Offline
  Quote alpha10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: required to experiment on live animals?
    Posted: 30 May 2009 at 3:39pm

This may seem like an odd question.  I am considering the AA degree program at Nova.  It would be a career change for me.  But it occurred to me that during course of study, you might be required to work/experiment on live animals?  Has this been the case for anyone during the program? 

If so, then I know that I should not enter the program as I have personal issues with live animals being a part of experimentation as they do not have a choice in the matter.

Please let me know as you would be saving me a lot of money and heartache.  Thanks.
AA dude View Drop Down

Quote AA dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2009 at 12:12am
No, live animals are never used.  They were many years ago, but nowadays its all done on simulation dummies.
alpha10 View Drop Down

Quote alpha10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 8:59pm

That's a relief.  Thanks for the reply.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
  Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2009 at 3:55pm
If you don't understand that most advances in medicine, and particularly in surgery, come from working with animals, then perhaps this profession is not suitable for you.
 Post Reply Post Reply