Print Page | Close Window

Anesthesia Technician

Printed From:
Category: General Anesthesiologist Assistant Questions
Forum Name: General AA Questions
Forum Discription: AAs Unite...
Printed Date: 28 Oct 2021 at 4:54pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 9.05 -

Topic: Anesthesia Technician
Posted By: JCole
Subject: Anesthesia Technician
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2009 at 2:07pm
What is the difference between the Anesthesia Technician, Anesthesia Technologist and Certified Anesthesia Technologist? 

Posted By: JCole
Date Posted: 13 Jan 2009 at 2:14pm
After a little searching around on Google, I found a website that sums up the three professions: Anesthesia Technician, Anesthesia Technologist and the Certified Anesthesia Technologist: -


Posted By: johnsdrrtaac
Date Posted: 08 Oct 2012 at 12:34pm
There is a huge difference between AA's and techs. Tech's only assist in setting up the anesthesia equipment. They do not do have any patient contact.
Requirement for the AA programs.
1. RRT or RN with a BS degree
2.5 yrs of OR experience as an RRT with 2 in the ICU
3. RN 5 yrs of experience
4. All AA programs are at the Masters level.
5. GRE GMAT or MCAT must be taken.
6. Usually a 3 yr program
7. Classes for the AA programs include embryology, histology,physiology biochem pathology gross anatomy . physical exam Advanced medical physics pharmacology.


Print Page | Close Window

Bulletin Board Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 9.05 -
Copyright ©2001-2007 Web Wiz -